Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NTCAT)

Are you dissatisfied with a decision made by a government or regulatory body?

You may be able to apply for a review of the decision to the Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NTCAT), which was introduced in the Territory in October 2014.

The types of decisions that can be reviewed include those about:

  • marriage registration
  • a dispute under the Building Act
  • a dispute about a residential tenancy
  • a dispute about the construction or repair of a fence
  • granting or refusing a liquor licence
  • The NTCAT was designed to give Territorians a straightforward and efficient mechanism to review administrative decisions while keeping costs to a minimum.

Halfpennys can advise you about applying to the NTCAT and preparing for an NTCAT hearing. We can also appear at the NTCAT on your behalf and help you get the best possible outcome.

We represent clients seeking to review decisions by:

  • Development Consent Authority
  • Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
  • Commissioner of Residential Building Disputes
  • NT Liquor Commission
  • Victims of Crimes Assistance
  • Commissioner of Residential Tenancies
  • many others

If you’d like to discuss an administrative decision you’re not happy about, contact us to arrange a chat.