Have you suffered as a result of treatment from a medical professional?
Medical negligence is the improper, unskilled or negligent treatment of a patient by a physician, dentist, nurse or other health care professional.
Medical negligence can be:
- failing to diagnose a condition or delaying diagnosis
- failing to provide the appropriate treatment
- failing to perform surgery with reasonable care and skill
- failing to report correctly on test results
- failing to provide post-operative care with reasonable care and skill.
- Halfpennys’ principal Cathy Spurr has been acting for plaintiffs in medical negligence cases in Darwin since 1995.
Cathy has managed a range of negligence cases, some that involve physiotherapists, chiropractors, radiographers and specialists.
Medical negligence is a complex area of the law. If you’ve believe you’ve been a victim of medical negligence, contact us for an appointment so we can understand your case and recommend the next steps.